The Pismo Beach Homes Team loves our furry friends and one of the most important organizations that supports animals in need on the central coast is Woods Humane Society. Opening your heart and home to a homeless dog or cat is one of the most wonderful things you can do. Pets have been shown to decrease people’s blood pressure, increase lifespan and bring immeasurable happiness and joy—but only if you’re ready for the commitment.
Are you ready to be a pet owner?
Before you leap into the commitment of a new pet it’s important to ask
yourself a few key questions:
- Are you ready to make a long-time commitment to a dog or cat?
- Although everyone is prepared for the cost of food and toys, are you financially prepared for an unexpected visit to the vet?
- Does everyone in your household agree that now is a good time to bring a new pet into the home?
- Are you ready for the daily demands of a pet like walks, litter scooping, bathing, and the amount time a new companion needs?
- Have you researched what type of dog or cat would best fit your family, housing and lifestyle?
The goal of Woods Humane Society is to ensure the pet you adopt is the perfect match and lasts a lifetime. If you’ve answered “no” to any of the above questions, you might want to give more thought to the demands and requirements that come with a new pet.
Adopting a pet isn’t the only way to ensure that the animals at Woods find forever homes. Without local support Woods Humane Society would not exist, that’s why it’s important to think of other ways to contribute, especially during the season of giving. Donating food or other much needed supplies is easier now than ever. If you have an Amazon account you can go to their “Wishlist” and order supplies from your sofa with the click of a button! We have provided a link here: